We have Tier 1 status with the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA), which means that patients with DVA entitlements can be admitted without prior approval from DVA.
Our services to patients with DVA entitlements include:
- a free preadmission clinic service for patients having elective surgery (with permission from your doctor)
- arranging transport to and from the hospital for medical appointments, preadmission clinic and admission
- authorising travel assistance scheme applications
- referrals to veterans' Home Care Services and community nursing providers for safe discharge
- organising necessary aids and equipment for safe discharge and applying for available funding to purchase equipment
- organising ongoing referrals to respite/convalescence, rehabilitation and long-term placement, where appropriate
- arranging activities to commemorate occasions of significance
- rooms equipped with free TV, local telephone calls and daily newspaper.
Our Home Health & Discharge Liaison Nurse is the contact person for all DVA-related enquiries, and will visit patients at least once during their stay.
For more information contact:
- our Home Health & Discharge Liaison Nurse phone 03 9411 7479 or 03 9928 6832
- Department of Veterans' Affairs phone tel: 133 254
- Veterans' Home Care phone tel: 1300 550 450